Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Music and Movies



#28 and 29: Christmas music and movies

I don’t know about you, but we’ve been watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music since before Thanksgiving! There are so many songs I love, but my all-time favorite would be "Oh Holy Night" hands down. The inspiring lyrics depicting Jesus’ birth combined with the powerful ballad never fails to make me well up with tears in the same spot every time…..”Fall on your knees…Oh hear the angel’s voices…Oh night, divine…” So powerful. I also still can’t help but belt out Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas”. It’s a classic!

We own a great deal of our Christmas movie favorites (Christmas Vacation, Elf, Christmas with the Kranks), but we decided to check out what Netflix had. To our delight, they had so many classics! All of the old Christmas cartoons are on there AND I was even able to find the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular! Here’s a video of the toy soldier scene.

Bryan was not so enthusiastic for this one; however, when I was growing up I dreamed of becoming a Rockette after my parents took me to see them in Las Vegas in the late ‘90s. Then a few years later we went and saw them in Cleveland for this exact same show, their Christmas Spectacular! Not only is their singing and dancing beautiful, but this show tells and illustrates the Christmas story of Jesus’ birth in a beautiful way! If you haven’t seen it, and you have Netflix, I highly recommend it! 

Bryan was able to find his one of his childhood favorite on Netflix and on youtube! Here it is. It’s too cute!


We LOVE everything Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment