Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

10 days worth of thankfulness...so you know it's good!

Okay, okay...I know..I'm so far behind! I really have been thinking everyday about my 30 days of thankfulness though! It's simply been a busy week and I just haven't taken the time to publish my blog. So, I have below days 7-17 AND pictures! Without further or do, here are 10 more days of thankfulness.

#7: weddings. I'm a sucker for love and there's nothing more fun or beautiful than two people who love each other committing themselves before God to join in marriage. This past weekend we went to Bryan's cousin Monica's wedding to Mark. It was beautiful!
Bryan and I at the wedding

 #8: Time with loved ones. The family wedding last weekend was just a reminder that time with loved ones is so precious and I'm so thankful for those moments with the people I love.
A couple of my loved ones: my two sister-in-laws

 #9: My parents who are willing to babysit Tiger. I love my dog very much, but anyone who has a pet knows that being able to travel can definitely be hindered when you have a pet. So I'm so grateful that my parents are so willing to help us out in order to allow us to still travel. They're the best!

#10: My niece Abigail. Abigail is so wonderful and smart! Last weekend we were able to spend time with our nieces and each of them are so beautiful and special each in their own ways. Abby is sensitive, creative, and intuitive. She is a girly girl who loves to play with her Polly pockets and beg me to play with my makeup whenever I'm putting it on, lol. She is such a wonderful helper too. She helps me get dressed, put on my earrings, and brush my hair. I love listening to her sing songs and tell me stories about school and her friends. I learned quite a valuable lesson from Abby this past weekend, "Don't covet, be content!" When she first told me this, I was like "what?! do you know what that means?" Sure enough, she most certainly did and I was quite impressed. Little did she know, it was a lesson that I totally needed to be reminded of in that moment. If only these little girls knew how much they impact my life :)

 #11: Olivia, my niece. Olivia has a huge personality packed into a tiny little body and it is a hilarious one. For quite awhile, Olivia was a baby girl of very few words and lots of stares that penetrated to your soul, lol. As she's growing, her personality is blooming and it brings joy to my heart. She is so sweet and SUCH a cuddlebug. She's always freely giving me hugs, kisses, and snuggling in my lap. I always tell her she's my little monkey, because she has no fear and is constantly climbing, wanting to be thrown high, wanting to jump from unstable objects- you name it! lol. So being the fun aunt I am, I obviously let her climb up and over my back to be hung upside down and then swooped up. Or to stand on my shoulders so she can touch the ceiling etc. I suppose I'm her personal jungle gym, but I don't mind :). She, like Abigail, also loves to help me with makeup and brushing my hair. I just love my girly nieces.

  #12: my youngest niece, Emily. Emily is adorable and so kissable with her little cheeks. She is SUCH a happy baby! She can get passed, passed, and passed...person to person and she just looks, plays, and freely accepts the hugs and kisses. This past weekend her room was right next to ours and Bryan and I had turned in first and I think we may have caused her to wake up as we were entering our room, so obviously she started crying. So I picked her up, calmed her down, and then went to put her back down. She wasn't having it, so she started crying again. So I picked her up again and just snuggled with her as she sucked on her two middle fingers until she was sleepy again. I love those little moments I get to spend with each of my nieces.

 #13: Sarah. As if you couldn't tell, I ADORE little kids. I love seeing children grow, learn, and develop their personalities. It may sound cliche, but they seriously fill my heart with so much joy. Sarah is my cousin, she's the daughter of my aunt Lori and she is so full of energy and happiness! She loves to run and play all day long. She gives the BEST hugs. She will jump into your lap and literally give you these BIG SQUEEZES with all of her strength. They're the best. Then she'll pull away and say, "I just love you!" How could that not melt your heart?! I'm convinced that Sarah is musically gifted, because if you set anything to music she absorbs it like a sponge! She knows SO many songs! So the other day I taught her one of my favorites and she kept making me sing it over and over again while she danced. Then I saw her a few days later, and she not only remembered the song, but knew the words! It's now a great bribery, "Sarah, put on your shoes" (resistance) "I'll sing you the Hosanna song..." (she willingly gives me her feet and sings with me).

#14: Scottie Jr. is my newest cousin. He is Sarah's little brother and he is one happy baby too. He just smiles and is so expressive. He LOVES hearing his name. You say his name and talk to him and he smiles and coos like crazy. It's adorable. The only time he cries is when he's real hungry; such a typical boy haha.

 #15: Landon my little cousin, who is quickly becoming not so little anymore! Landon is the son of my cousin Shelly. I have such a soft spot in my heart for Landon as I've watched him grow from a little baby with the cutest dimples in the world, to a growing boy who is all of a sudden more technologically advanced then I am and he's in the 3rd grade. He is sweet, sensitive, strong, smart, and most importantly, is a young boy who knows Jesus. I just know he is and will continue to be a shining light of his generation.


#16: My parents always supporting my extracurricular activities. My parents were always at all of my sporting events where I cheered, choir concerts, dance competitions...you name it. Now, even though I'm an advisor of those activities and not performing, they still come to show their support whether I'm on stage or back stage. Even though I would know they loved me regardless if they came, it still means a lot to me that they do come and demonstrate their support!

#17: Friends who hold me responsible. (Thanks, Lauren!) The last week was crazy busy...out of town weddings, helping out family, dress rehearsals at work, parent-teacher conferences and a funeral..., but even though this is all true, my friend knows that I committed to this: 30 days of thanks and I am so thankful for way more than 30 days worth, so I need to follow through! Lauren obviously noticed that she hadn't read anything from me in quite a few days, and I'm glad that she called me out and said, "What happened to 30 days of thankfulness?!?!" lol. Thanks for the nudge Lauren :)


1 comment:

  1. Lol. It honestly was because I missed reading your blog, not because I was trying to call you out! But I'm glad it gave you motivation :)

    ReplyDelete