Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!



Well this is my final 30 days of thanks blogs, but 30 things does not even come close to summing up everything that I’m thankful for in my life. My family and friends are amazing and more importantly, God continually never ceases to bless our lives every day in a multitude of ways. At the end of the day, everything we are thankful for can all be rooted back to God. All that is good is from Him!

Now on to my last item. Wouldn’t you know on my last day of thankfulness, I’m driving to work and listening to the radio (95.5 The Fish) announce that Third Day tickets are going on sale today for their March Miracle tour. With the big announcement they were going to have a contest to see who could sing a Christmas carol the most like the lead singer of Third Day. The prize: tickets to TWO concerts! Josh Wilson’s Noel Tour and Third Day’s Miracle Tour in March. Bryan and I LOVE music and we really enjoy going to Christian concerts, so I was thinking “what the heck, I’ll try.” So I called the radio station and to my surprise I got through. My heart was pounding; I had an immediate urge to hang up, but I didn’t. This was going to be NO easy task! Have you ever heard Third Day?! Here’s a sample of what he sounds like to give you an idea of what I had to attempt to do.


First I had to sing a line from “Twelve days of Christmas” in my best impression of Third Day. Then 2 other contestants did the same. Brooke Taylor and Len Howser, the morning show hosts, decided it was a tie between me and another gentleman. The tie breaker song was “Feliz Navidad”. I’m thinking “psshh..I have this in the bag!” After we both did our best impression they decided that even though my impression was really good, my Spanish was TOO good (the other guy fumbled through it) and they thought that the lead singer of Third Day wouldn’t know Spanish. Whaaaaat?! I was definitely the better impersonator! In that moment, the radio hosts decided to award us both with tickets to both shows!!! What a blessing! I NEVER win ANYTHING!!! I laughed at myself hysterically, because I could feel how dorky I must have sounded, lol. Either way, it was well worth a little embarrassment!  

 The Josh Wilson concert was tonight and Bryan had to work, so I went with one of my best friends, Ashley. We had a great time!! Josh Wilson put on an amazing show and played 24 instruments throughout his show! It’s amazing to go to Christian concerts, because it is essentially a concert of worship. A huge group of people from all over, coming together to worship Christ together. It’s moving; it’s beautiful; it’s a blessing. Here’s some pics from the concert!

Wes Pickering opened the show and assisted Josh Wilson during his set

Josh Wilson's Noel Tour
Ashley and I enjoying the show!





No comments:

Post a Comment