Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1





It's November and I'm a day late being that it's the 2nd, but I'm devoting myself to blogging my way through the 30 days of thanks! I had stumbled across other people's blog doing this and I thought, this is great! What a wonderful way to focus on the many blessings in life! So I searched for more information on the 30 Days of Thanks website. The site discusses how this idea all stemmed from the idea of LOVE- love for oneself, others, loving with great passion, love that spreads over a multitude of people and things. And since I love LOVE, I'm excited for this challenge. At first it sounds easy, but I want to be thoughtful and take this opportunity to learn, grow, and share. Some of my "thanks" will be for small things and others for obvious things, but they will all be honest and all of my thanks will be Thanks to God! He is the One I give all my thanks for the many blessings in my life! If you're feeling inspired, join me in this 30 day challenge!

Since it is the 2nd and I'm technically a day behind, I'm going to blog twice today to catch up! Once this morning and again later tonight.

For today, I am so very thankful for my husband, Bryan. I know this seems like an obvious thing and an easy one, but it is what is on my heart today after the amazing conversation we shared last night. We were chatting it up before bed and got to talking about our spiritual walks and our life together. He's the most hard-working man I know in that he is constantly thinking about how to make himself better, how to support me more, how to grow in God more, how to live his life with purpose, how to be better at this or that and I'm just in awe at how introspective he is. Then my awe continues and my thankfulness abounds when I think about how he does it all with me in mind. What a wonderful gift is that! To have a man who desires to lead our family (which is just him and I for now) not just in speech but by example! It is such a gift from God and I'm THANKFUL! Through him I'm seeing how God is structuring our lives to prepare us for additions to our family. He's establishing and growing our leader and growing my heart-the nurturer, encourager, and helper in order to prepare us for another beautiful blessing in our lives. I can't wait to one day do another devotion of thanks and be able to include the blessing of our children!
I just love him :)
Thank you God for blessing me with my husband! I could have never chosen as perfect a mate/best friend as you have chosen for me. Thank you for blessing our marriage and for making us so perfectly for each other!


We have so much fun together! We're best friends :)




No comments:

Post a Comment