Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful for an opportunity to serve

Day 4:

Today I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve at my church. I teach 2-4 year old children's Sunday school at church and they are so much fun! Have you ever been in a room with 12 kids between the ages of 2 and 4 that are full of energy? Many of you may be thinking that this is frightening, but to me it's awesome. I love the way they speak broken sentences in their tiny little voices. I love that they get so excited to cook pretend food in the pretend kitchen and watch me get so excited to pretend eat it. I love the noises they make as they push their fire trucks, choo choo trains, and tug boats around. I love that the second you put a song on the dvd player, they jump, dance, sing, and laugh with joy. I love that they are so thrilled to be good helpers. I love that they spontaneously will just come up to you wanting a hug or to sit in your lap. I love that they have the most innocent little faces and hearts. Even though I have so much fun in that hour or so I get to spend with them I love the way they get so excited to see their mom or dad pick them up after Sunday school, because I can't wait to have children and have my kids light up the second they see me. When God's ready to bless us, we're ready. Until then, I truly am thankful for the time I get to spend with these joyful, wonderful little kids!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about the way you described your Sunday school class. You are going to be such a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren :) All descriptions are factual, lol.

    ReplyDelete