Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Small kitchen reno

Finally! Everyone who knows me knows that I've always got a project going on or one I'm dreaming of taking on. Well I was finally able to take on the kitchen.  What I really wanted was a complete makeover: white cabinets, granite countertops, recessed lighting. ..I may or may not have even talked about knocking down a wall, lol. Our budget was unable to do this type of makeover, so it was time for plan B...A realistic plan. I was able to get rid of the atrocious greenish laminate countertops, replace light fixtures,  and install a new sink and faucet in order to give the room a more appealing asthetic. Yay! 
Here's the bizarre green old countertops.
Here's the awkward cubby that became a catch all for anything and everything.
New island light fixture that replaced the large fluorescent box light. 
After: Decided to put everything away and make this an area where I  can store my cookbooks and  my Kitchenaid mixer! Much more appealing!
This light fixture replaced an old ceiling fan.
If you look closely you see that the new island light fixture had to be moved due to the previous light not being centered over the island. It was a job! 
Light fixtures up, now for the counter tops! The island is a beautiful black granite with bronze specks in it. It's gorgeous! The perimeter is actually laminate! Our budget wouldn't allow all granite for now, but we think this still looks really nice and so affordable!  If you look closely, you'll see we replaced the double sink for a LARGE farmhouse sink with a restaurant style faucet. Never thought I'd "love" a sink or faucet before...well, welcome to adulthood because I'M OBSESSED with my sink and faucet, lol. 

A HUGE thank you is owed to Bryan and my Dad for all of their hard labor! They spent days bringing this all together. I finally don't feel embarrassed of my kitchen! Also, to my mom for helping me pick everything out and piece it together! Renovations are hard work! Every time we're in the middle of one, Bryan says "never again." But then once it's done and we're able to love and enjoy it, it makes all the blood, sweat, and tears well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment