Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Cards!



This is our first Christmas in our home together and it was SO exciting to receive Christmas cards this year! Last year, we were still getting into the swing of things; I remember the holidays came so fast after our summer wedding!  We figured people might have been sick of getting mail from us since we just had our wedding, showers before that, thank you cards…you get the idea. So, this is the first year that we’ve sent Christmas cards out as a married couple (and Tiger, too!) and this is the first year that we’ve received them at our home! Even though it seems that paper mail is becoming more and more extinct in this technologically advanced day and age, there is still something so special about receiving a card in the mail. You really feel thought of and loved when you know someone took the time to send you something! At least that’s how I feel!

As the cards started rolling in, I was thinking “hmm..what do I do with them now?” I wanted to look at them and have my guests be able to see the beautiful Christmas artwork or the adorable most recent pictures of family and friends. 

So, as you have heard me say before, the first place I go is Pinterest for some inspiration! I found a couple of ideas that I thought might work for us, but ultimately decided on this.



I took some ribbon, tape, and paper clips(I picked out the red, green, and white ones to be festive) and got started. I cut the ribbon, attached the ribbon to my cabinets on the inside.

 Then took my Christmas cards and fastened them to the ribbon on the outside of my cabinets. I love the way it turned out and I think it will be something I do every Christmas, so keep the cards coming! I love them! It is an inexpensive way to incorporate Christmas décor in your kitchen and it adds a flair of personalization in seeing all of your family and friends cards every year! 


Merry Christmas to everyone! 

***Stay tuned to read about the wonderful Christmas activities we will do with the family tomorrow to center our thoughts on the real reason for Christmas- Jesus! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment