Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Hustle & Bustle, Oh My!



Oh my Christmas craziness! So remember how I’ve been posting and constantly talking about how much I love Christmas? Well, I still love Christmas because it’s a beautiful time of year. A time of year where people all over the world are reminded of the amazing gift of love that God gave us in His son, Jesus. We’re reminded of the beautiful story of faithfulness that Mary & Joseph had in God and what a blessing it was for God to choose them to bear His son, who would grow up one day to save the world from the sin & suffering we inevitably incur. I love that this opportunity is such a wonderful reminder to give back to others. To take care of the orphans and the widows, the less fortunate, the hungry, the sick, and the poor. So many of us are so blessed. It’s also a time of friends & family coming together and sharing their Christmas joy, the joy that Christ instills in the hearts of all of his children. How could you not love Christmas, right? Well, I certainly do…but amidst all of my optimism I have also been reminded what a QUICK & BUSY season it is! Holy moly, are there enough hours in the day during this one month to accomplish the decorating, baking, cooking, gift buying, visiting, spending quality time, watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music, and Christmas parties?! (Taking a deep breath!) Don’t get me wrong I love it, but I think you have to stay seriously organized and focused on the true meaning of Christmas to not let the hustle and bustle of the season get to you! I can’t say I’m perfect at this, but I want to be and I’m working toward it. I also want to remember and soak in all of the amazing memories, so I can look back warmheartedly about the “remember when’s…” As I sat down to write today, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I told my girls in book club the other day that I’m feeling like a whirlwind lately with the craziness of the Holiday’s. So, I hope you don’t mind my therapeutic moment of reminding myself to slow down, take a deep breath, organize my thoughts & plans, enjoy & soak in this special time of year and most importantly, remember what this time of year is all about…Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment