Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Welcome to Sitting in a Tree!



Welcome to my blog: Sitting in a Tree! Many of you, if not all, are wondering what in the heck is this title of hers. Well concern yourselves no longer my friends. The title stems from an old playground song that I’m sure all of us have sang before running around teasing our classmates. Let me jog your memory: “Bryan and Cherish sitting in a tree. K-i-s-s-i-n-g! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage!” As a 2nd grader this playground song was mortifying, wasn’t it! As an adult, having lived through most of this rhyme, I find it to be wonderfully true. Our playground song is almost complete! We are waiting on God’s wonderful blessing of a child; whenever He is ready, we’re ready! The first half, however, is all true. Bryan and I met 3 years ago, fell in love instantaneously, had a wonderful wedding last July and now one year (plus some) later we are happier than ever! Ironically enough, I don’t think we’ve actually ever sat in a tree before (note to self: add to to-do list). Living life with your best friend that’s also your husband is truly fantastic! This blog will be a little bit of everything (us, God, food, home projects, teaching, books, movies, fun experiences, not so fun experiences etc.). To put it simply: our life and all we encounter!

As I continue down this journey, I encourage you all to comment on my posts! One of the primary findings of my master’s thesis (way back when) is that writers are given purpose and enjoyment when they know that someone is reading their writing! The people that make up an audience mean the world to a writer and I would love to hear from mine. :)

Side note: Did you know that in Spain children would sing "debajo de un árbol" or under a tree instead of sitting in one? In Germany children would sing that the couple was sitting in the snow for rhyming purposes. (Wikipedia) I must say sitting in a tree sounds the most adventurous! What do you think?

P.S. Shout out to my friend Lauren who inspired, assisted, and encouraged me to start this blog! She also designed my blog and made it look pretty; isn’t it awesome?! I seriously teared up when I first saw it and stared at it for at least 10 minutes; she was able to capture my taste and personality PERFECTLY! She has a blog too about her and her wonderful family AND since she’s so beautifully creative you can purchase her illustrations or personalized drawings as well!  Check out her blog here and her art work here. Thank you, Lauren!!!

1 comment: