Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

My dog, Tiger, the superhero!

It's been a couple days now that we've been living with plastic covered floors! Yesterday when I got home, I rolled up the ones Tiger had pooped on and threw them out and replaced them. I promptly noticed that he was feeling even worse than before. He was moping, not really wanting to move. He felt very unsettled and couldn't lay in one place for very long. He wouldn't eat ANYTHING. I even tried making his favorites tuna fish and edamame...nothing. I cried and told Bryan I didn't want him to die, but if he was then I wanted him to know I loved him. So I laid on the floor with him and held him. Would blow dry him off every time he went outside and got wet in the rain, the whole nine yards. I made Bryan get out his stethoscope and take his heart rate. I'm quite the worrier. haha

Then all of a sudden at 11 p.m., after trying to coax him to eat ALL night, he went over to his food and ate all of the boiled chicken I set out, the tuna fish, AND his treat! I couldn't believe it! However, he was still pretty mopey.

We went to bed unsure of what the morning would bring us.

Bryan woke up first and tried to get Tiger out of bed to go to the bathroom, but Tiger was not wanting to get out of bed. I told Bryan to let him be, that he probably wasn't feeling well. A couple hours later, I woke up and he jumped out of bed, wagging his tail and went outside. I could immediately tell he was more chipper! I made him his boiled chicken and he gobbled it up! He did poop and pee in a couple of spots, but no where near as bad as it has been and it's gaining consistency. (Thank God for the plastic I laid down!)

As Bryan and I are cutting away the plastic that has poop or pee on it, Tiger goes over to his toys and starts playing! He does this thing where he wrestles with his toys and whips them around. He will even throw it over his head for himself to fetch. You can tell he's been an only child for the last 15 years, lol. When we let him outside, he started running after and barking at the dogs that were walking by. As I'm sending a friendly, apologetic wave to the neighbor walking his dog, I said to Bryan, "Well, I think he's feeling better!"


As we are watching him do this, we are in disbelief. After last night, we did not think this was going to get better this time. Bryan said, "He's a miracle dog!" He's totally right! Every time we think, okay this is it....Tiger turns around and proves himself to be the superhero dog!

I'm still going to keep the plastic down for a little while to be safe, but I sure am glad to see my happy, playful Tiger feeling so much better! Oh and note to self, I discovered that Walmart's plastic tablecloths are cheaper than the Dollar Store. Walmart has them for 97 cents. Every penny counts! Oh and somehow my mom was able to score some free plastic from Lowe's, that was even better!

Superhero Tiger getting his toys out of his dog house

No comments:

Post a Comment