Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Man of a Thousand Hobbies

My husband is a man of at least one thousand hobbies. Whenever I turn around, I think he acquires another hobby. He has more energy than any person I know and somehow finds time to participate in each hobby he has. As much as I tease him about this characteristic, it is also a characteristic that I know will make him an amazing dad one day. He is the epitome of  a "jack of all trades". Bryan's hobbies range on quite a broad spectrum: exercising, running, bicycling, motorcycles, guns, hunting, fishing, golf, cooking, computers, gaming, making wine, guitar, making music, and his latest...home brewing. Here's Bryan enjoying a few of his many hobbies.
Bryan after getting 2nd place in a 5k
Bryan on his Suzuki
Shooting at the Cabin
Enjoying one of his many tech gadgets

Bicycling


and Cooking one of his many delicious recipes


Keeping up with all of these hobbies can sometimes make my head spin! I do my best to keep up and to encourage his endeavors, which brings me to what I came home to today...home brewing in action.






I couldn't even begin to describe to you the process of what the heck he was doing, but he was pretty excited about it and whenever he tells another guy about it, a very enthralled discussion is sure to follow. The talk of hops, cascades, fermenting, and siphoning is far over my head.

I suppose a part of me is a little jealous of his many hobbies and all that he's really good at! I mean I have SOME hobbies like reading, shopping, taking pictures (even though I don't know how to be artistic with it, I just like to), decorating, and now blogging! And as far as his one thousand, I do try to participate in most of Bryan's hobbies which is fun for us both.

Do any of you ladies out there have any fun hobbies that you recommend? Or does anyone have husbands/boyfriends that are men of a thousand hobbies like mine?

I know one thing for sure, Bryan has opened my eyes to so many wonderful and exciting things. Life with my hubby is never a dull one! Just one of the thousands of reasons I love him so much! :)

Us after running a 5k together :)




1 comment:

  1. I love you guys! Tim is obsessed with basses and trading them for different ones. Obsessed.

    ReplyDelete