Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monogrammed wreath



Well, I finally did it! All of my Christmas decor is FINALLY put away and our home is no longer the Christmas wonderland. Does anyone else feel like everything just looks bare???

I took this opportunity to get crafty and complete some of those projects that I always see on Pinterest and think, "hmm..I think I can do that!" I'm not the most artsy individual, even though I think I'm capable, so I needed some moral support. My friend Lauren was the perfect person and I must say that we were extremely speedy crafters and quite the team!

Our first project: Monogrammed wreath

After having a beautiful Thanksgiving and Christmas wreath to adorn our front door I was sad to see it so bare, so I thought let's make a wreath that isn't holiday specific and we could keep it up for awhile!


What I used:
(All of the items came from Pat Catan's)
wreath
flowers
"D"
ivory spray paint

I pulled the flowers off their stem and arranged them on the wreath. After I arranged them how I wanted, I used a hot glue gun to reinforce their placement. I sanded down the letter "D" and spray painted it ivory. After the "D" was dry I used my hot glue gun to adhere it to the wreath. Tadaaa! That was it! Cheap and easy! Wreaths like this go for around $30 dollars and up on etsy and it costs less for me to make!

This is the first of many projects, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment